little stones behind liner

hayfarmer

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
eastern washington state
Hi everyone, I have a question about my pool liner. I have noticed each year I am getting more and more little gravel/sand like stones between the liner and the wall.. Is this normal and how are they getting there? Most of them are about the size of large grains of rice, one is the size of a pea. My liner is very tight against the wall. Just curious about this.

Are these near the bottom of the pool? Or the top? Or does it appear to be random?

Also, did you put a pad down underneath your liner prior to install?

I've noticed the same thing ocurring on the pool ive inherited.The stones or bumps on mine seem to start just where the bottom of the concrete decking would be and go down about a foot or foot and a half all the way around the pool,the the liner is perfectly smooth again after that.I wish i knew how my pool was constructed but i wasnt around when it was built.My biggest fear is that its an ant infestation problem and I'll end up tiny holes in the liner and have to replace it. Through some research i know 5yrs ago the liner was replaced due to fire ants.I'm currently working to rid my pool area and yard of all ants before they chew little holes in this liner.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue before any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.