Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool replaster, Burbank CA

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool replaster, Burbank CA

So after much procrastination I took the plunge and have started the resurface of the pool. The is currently a standard gunite/plaster finish and I am having it redone with a quartz, midnight blue.

I have done this @ss backward as I already had the yard resurfaced so I hope my builder is very careful !

Started to empty the pool today, demo starts tomorrow !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    15,000 gallons, IG, Plaster, Pentair 2000 DE Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool replaster, Burbank CA

Good luck with it, Jim. We'd love to see pics if you have time. The kids look like their shoulders are slumped just a little.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The kids had a great time playing in the pool while it was getting emptied..

The demo was done yesterday. The crew of four did a good job, worked their socks off and were gone by about 6:00pm. They cleaned up good and didn't damage any of the pavers as far as I can tell. It rained slightly during the night so I don't know if anything will be happening today.

4. Back To Top    #4

Not much happened after the demo until this week. The coping was delivered and is being cut and placed.

5. Back To Top    #5

Did you have to replace the oping or was it an aesthetic decision?
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Aesthetic. I never really liked the existing coping or the tile that went round the pool so I am replacing both.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jimk
    Aesthetic. I never really liked the existing coping or the tile that went round the pool so I am replacing both.
    we just had the diamondbrite quartz midnight blue installed. The installers did a mediocre job. You should read the install guide on the diamondbrite site and then confirm which method your installers will use. Also ask them about the pool startup to see if they really know what they are talking about.

My guys used the water washing and did a pretty poor job so I have cream splotches all over. They also left pools of water which turned out to leave rings that wont seem to go away. There are areas where they didnt completely smooth out the plaster and one very tiny area where I think the gunite is showing.

PB says it will go away over time, but Im skeptical
    17,800 gallon, IG pool, 595 sq feet (17x35x4.5 avg rectangle), Hayward 525 cartridge filter, diamondbrite, 2 hp 2 speed hayward tristar filter, Stenner 45mhp10 automatically chlorinating

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by march2012
    we just had the diamondbrite quartz midnight blue installed. The installers did a mediocre job. You should read the install guide on the diamondbrite site and then confirm which method your installers will use. Also ask them about the pool startup to see if they really know what they are talking about.
    That's what I am having installed too, Midnight Blue but by NPT (Quartzscapes). I was going to ask about the start up on here, so what's involved with the start up ? Is that something I can do myself ? I'll check with the PB about the install, cheers.