New Pool Owner - clueless

StacyE

Apr 29, 2012
Delaware
Hello Everyone,

I am new at pool ownership and this is our first year opening the pool. We got the water level up, pump running, brushed, vaccumed,backwashed (all day) and water seems pretty clear. I am going out to get the test kit tomorrow to start checking the water. I have an aqua comfort SWG and I am guessing we will have to add salt at some point. I'm just not sure when to do that.

My SWG showed an error message of "no water" , "water fault" for about 8 hours of the filter running. Then it must have suddenly realized it had water and the fault light came off. whew!

I am also trying to calcuate how much water the pool holds. It is 18 x 28 x 43 L shaped vinyl pool with a Hayward sand filter and hayward 1.5 hp pump. According to the calcuator on this site, it should be around 35,000? That seems high to me. Help?

Thanks! :wave:

Welcome to TFP. Make sure you get one of the test kits that are recommended on this site. It will make your life much easier when it comes to taking care of your pool. Also, you will want to read "pool school" (see the button up there on the right) a few times to get an idea of what it is that we all do here. Between the test kits and pool school you will get a greater understanding of your pool and you won't find yourself throwing money at the pool store. There is also a link to the test kits and pool school in my signature

Save yourself some guesswork and get the TF-100 kit and the add on salt test strips. Only had my kit a few days and everything is much more clear now, as far as knowing what to do and when to do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.