Pool light issue

Apr 29, 2012
Hey all! I have a quick question regarding my pool light. It has been tripping the GFI and will not come on at all anymore. I pulled it out today and took a look and there isn't any water getting into the fixture through the gasket. I checked the cord and there doesn't seem to be any breaks or anything in the wiring either. So I am not 100% sure what the actual issue is. Anyone else ever had this issue?

Have you checked the pool light junction box that should be near the pool? I think I read where someone had water in their causing gfci issues.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Jblizzle:
I have checked the GFI's for the pool. The switch is actually on the back patio by my spa and has a cover on it, so it isn't getting wet. I also tried plugging in an external device and it powered on just fine, which, unfortunately, means that the GFI is good. (And no worries about the phone. I hate it too!)

Flippy:
Yeah, I have no idea what is going on. I thought it was leaking water into the housing, but I pulled it out today and it's completely dry. The other odd thing I noticed is that this was gradual. It didn't just shoot out on us, but it happened once a day, then twice a day, then eventually just stopped all together. I'll probably have to get someone out ehre to check it out. Water + electricity = very dangerous

Not talking about the switch or the gfci box. Talking about the junction box between the pool light and the gfci/switch. Should be about a foot above the ground near the pool where the light is located. It is where the pool light sealed cord is connected to the rest of the wiring.

At my current house it was completely covered by bushes.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.