Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquidator

Jun 25, 2011
I just purchased a liquidator from Sal and it is on its way. I would like to know where I can source the nylon 3/8 x 1/4 NPT fittings so I can install the out and in lines in my pump and heater drains, versus drilling. Anyone?

Sal sells the kit with the 3/8" upgrade (thanks), but is replacing the flow control needle valve necessary? If so, where can I source the one recommended on this board.

Thanks in advance! This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and assistance.

I have a 14000 gallon pool that was installed last year here in Vegas. Currently running a rainbow chlorinator with trichlor pucks that already have my CH at 660! (I know a partial drain is in order) and CYA at 70 and rising!

Re: Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquida

What about the fittings for the float valves on the LQ tank? How are you guys upgrading those to 3/8 hose?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquida

I received my Liquidator a couple of weeks ago, but when it arrived, it was missing the flow meter. I waited until receiving this part to arrive to install the unit. I began the install this morning, using tips from this forum. I started by adding a gallon of liquid to the tank, so I could mark out the increments of liquid chlorine to be added in the future, and also as a reference as to how much was remaining in the tank. I marked the lines with a black sharpie. I then taped over the lines with a width of duct tape and painted the exterior with white plastic paint, to help prevent degredation of the chlorine due to sunlight. I installed the kit using the 3/8 upgrade and also plumbed the in line from my heater drain port and the out line to my pump drain port. Install was simple and with no leaks! I filled the tank per the instructions and have tested my pool water to see where to set the flow to maintain the chlorine levels. I will come back in about a week and let you know the results, but at this early juncture, I am a Liquidator convert!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.