Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquidator

I just purchased a liquidator from Sal and it is on its way. I would like to know where I can source the nylon 3/8 x 1/4 NPT fittings so I can install the out and in lines in my pump and heater drains, versus drilling. Anyone?

Sal sells the kit with the 3/8" upgrade (thanks), but is replacing the flow control needle valve necessary? If so, where can I source the one recommended on this board.

Thanks in advance! This forum has been a wealth of knowledge and assistance.

I have a 14000 gallon pool that was installed last year here in Vegas. Currently running a rainbow chlorinator with trichlor pucks that already have my CH at 660! (I know a partial drain is in order) and CYA at 70 and rising!
    13.5k plaster, with raised spa and waterfall. Pentair VS Pump, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair automation with 8 function EasyTouch remote. Currently using Rainbow 320, puck chlorinator. Liquidator on the way!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Source barbed fittings for pump drain to install liquida

Lowe's has nylon barbed fittings.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BadOleRoss
    Lowe's has nylon barbed fittings.
    Thanks! Do you know if they sell the speed fittings as well? If not, can you suggest a source for those?
    13.5k plaster, with raised spa and waterfall. Pentair VS Pump, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair automation with 8 function EasyTouch remote. Currently using Rainbow 320, puck chlorinator. Liquidator on the way!

4. Back To Top    #4

I got my quick disconnect fittings at Home Depot. Watts PL-3025 or PL-3028.
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, Lowes sells the Speed-fit fittings as well. That's where I got mine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bibeaud
    I got my quick disconnect fittings at Home Depot. Watts PL-3025 or PL-3028.
    Wow, you guys are great! Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

What about the fittings for the float valves on the LQ tank? How are you guys upgrading those to 3/8 hose?

Pool: IG 22k- 16x32 clipped corners- vinyl liner, w/ a great board. Built in 3/99, new to me 2/2011.
    Equip: Hayward 3600 DE filter, Hayward CL-200 Chlorinator (empty since 7/5/2013).
    K-2006 Test kit with Speedstir
    Located in Cincinnati, OH. TFP lurker since 9/2011, BBB interested since 5/2012 and converted 7/2013.

8. Back To Top    #8

You keep the same hose so it still fits.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I received my Liquidator a couple of weeks ago, but when it arrived, it was missing the flow meter. I waited until receiving this part to arrive to install the unit. I began the install this morning, using tips from this forum. I started by adding a gallon of liquid to the tank, so I could mark out the increments of liquid chlorine to be added in the future, and also as a reference as to how much was remaining in the tank. I marked the lines with a black sharpie. I then taped over the lines with a width of duct tape and painted the exterior with white plastic paint, to help prevent degredation of the chlorine due to sunlight. I installed the kit using the 3/8 upgrade and also plumbed the in line from my heater drain port and the out line to my pump drain port. Install was simple and with no leaks! I filled the tank per the instructions and have tested my pool water to see where to set the flow to maintain the chlorine levels. I will come back in about a week and let you know the results, but at this early juncture, I am a Liquidator convert!

10. Back To Top    #10

I can email you my install diagram if you have any problems. This is my first season using the LQ. The install was easy using the 2 drain plugs and really fast.

Thanks!
    David
    Sent from my iPhone using
    Tapatalk
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure