Auto chlorination?

trickyr11

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2012
North Carolina
Running a automatic clorinator and need to stop using the "pucks" that are causing hardness and stabilizer to go high. Is there some sort of solid that I can use in my clorinator for auto chlorination or is the only option a swcg? Current clorinator takes the 3 inch pucks.

There are no solid forms that will work in your chlorinator that doesn't add CYA.

There are several options for chlorination besides doing it manually. An injection pump, a liquidator. And a swcg are all good ways to do it.

Thanks. I was afraid of that :( what would u guys recommend for a guy that keeps a maintained pool but cannot check every day or even two days sometimes? SWCG? Is there any way (and would u need to) check salt water levels? My wife is a bit sensitive to the salt. Used to live in md near river water.

BTW thanks to this site and a little reading u guys saved me about 790.00 since Friday morning. That's counting my 30.00 donation and the " correct " things needed. Won't go into details I'm sure u herd it all before. Drain half the pool 900.00 in chemicals and bring a sample back! Wish u could have saved me 800.00 haha. Pool is almost 100 % thanks a million! Think I'm gonna give the swcg a go

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.