Polaris 3900 Adjusting Problems

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
I'm trying to help out a neighbor with his Polaris 3900 and we have been working on this thing for hours and can't get to drive right! I have adjusted Polaris's before and there is a bit of trial and error but this thing come on! When set in the water it starts running straight but the front wheel seems to always want to be about 1" off the floor, adjust the rear jet seems to do nothing? Then after going straight for 10' or so it just starts to lean over at a 45* angle and do tight donuts ? Then of course the hose is all twisted up and puts tension on the cleaner and it can't correct itself. If I correct it the whole process starts over again? With my 280 you can adjust the float and rear jet and fix these problems but this has no float and I've played with the rear jet and I can't get anywhere? He taken it to the pool store and they tell him it's fine theres nothing wrong with it. It's brand new. The RPM test reveled 35 RPMs so it's got tons power, and it moves pretty fast! Anybody have any experience? Also I checked the drive jet for debris and there was none, obviously because it runs around like crazy!

Scott, did some more investigating on the float. Hard plastic clear, embedded in the body, I don't see any way adjust it though? It's fixed, can't move it back and forth like on the 280. So I'm guessing polaris has it in optimum position?

Yes, under warranty. I see no cracks and no water inside? When she took it to the PS I guess a polaris rep. happened to be there and went over the vac. and found nothing wrong with it? It's 2 month's old.

I think I found a problem, maybe not the problem, but a problem. I was standing there watching it go in circles and noticed that the bag, was not inflated, so I pulled it out of the water and removed the bag and 2 of 3 the jets were working, but barely. could this cause it not to stay on the bottom?

Alan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey there. I'm having the same problem with my 3900. 2 out of 3 Venturi jets are clogged. I have beat my brains out for hours trying to get this thing adjusted and I have gotten no where. Did you ever find a solution? I'm about to the point where I'm going to go buy another 280.

Yes, it's better than it was. Still not like the 280 though. The jets are more likely to clog on the 3900 which cause strange problems with it that do not occur with the 280 or 380. 3900 always seems to want to ride with the back end lifting (1-2 inches) off the floor. No matter what the back jet is set. Polaris rep came and set it and what he said was "Perfect" I wouldn't call "Perfect"!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.