AGP Question

Mar 22, 2012
I am going to attempt to install my first above ground pool this weekend, it is a 24' sharkline venture. One of my several questions is my pool is going to be approx. 25 feet from my garage. I have a new Hayward 1HP pump and sand filter. Is it possible to bury the intake and return lines back to my garage and set the pump and filter against the garage. I was planning on using schedule 40 rigid pipe. I think it will clean up the look of the pool not having them setting next to the pool. I just wonder if the pump will have enough pressure to pull water back and forth from the pool. Any thoughts?

It will absolutely work and you will absolutely be glad you did. The length of travel is not nearly as important as the elevation. Do you have an AG or IG pump? Will that pump be above or below the top water level of the pool?

I actually put mine IN my garage. I have enjoyed the quietness around the pool and the protection it has given my equipment for several years now. Even a little, lift-up lean to roof hooked onto the garage is usually very beneficial as long as you can get it out of the way and have good access to the equipment.

It is a AG pump. The pump and filter will be at somewhat the same elevation as if it's sitting next to the pool. I'm figuring if i'm going to be spending a couple days out there taking my time and doing this right, why not try something that you would'nt normally see. I think astheticly it will help tremendously. Thanks for the help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.