Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG and rock salt decking finish

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG and rock salt decking finish

We are thinking of getting a salt rock finish to our decking. I am a bit worried that the splash out from our SWG pool will get into the divots and speed up possible corrosion problems. We plan on sealing it.

Anyone have a salt rock finish with a SWG pool? If so, any issues.
    ____________________________________________________________ ______________________
    In the process of building a Lonestar Fiberglass Pools : Savannah in Caribbean Blue. 13,000 Gallons SWG, 4 therapeutic jets, Pentair 1 HP superflow (348023) pump, 200 Clean & Clear cartridge filter (CCRP-160353), Pentair salt cell IntelliChlor IC40, 3 LED lights, 1 skimmer, cantilever coping with integral light wheat color, and salt-rock pool decking finish.

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: SWG and rock salt decking finish

It's still concrete and pretty imperious to the salt in a pool.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: SWG and rock salt decking finish

I went with standard cement, no color added, with a rock salt finish just so I wouldn't have to ever seal the surface. Wash away the dirt every once in a while and I'm good to go.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process