Not that I am an expert, actually far from it, but more because I am captured by human nature and am lazy, I thought it would be good to start a thread of tips to make life easier when servicing, cleaning and generally maintaining a pool. My apologies if this has been done before, but again, I am inherently lazy and probably haven't appropriately searched the FAQ prior to this post.
I thought I would start with my feeble tips and hopefully the more experience folks would chime in, so here it goes:
1. Subscribe to and donate to this site as there are answers and support for any problem you might encounter.
2. Add borates...this has helped me immensely to stabilize and enhance my pool.
3. Robot. I have an Aquabot, but it is worth it's weight in cash as far as helping me keep the pool sparkling clean.
4. Stupid but simple, mark the pole for my brush with a sharpie to know when to quit pulling it out and lock it down.
5. Anti-sieze for anything that has a mechanical connection exposed to water.
6. On a lighter note, the best therapy for a long week is Crown and Coke and a trip around the pool with the brush!
Please help me increase my enjoyment time and limit my maintenance time by adding to the list.