Too much CYA

horsegal

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2009
Riverside, CA
I know the pucks have gotten my CYA levels too high. It is around 120. My pool is above ground and holds 10,000 gallons of water. Does anyone know how much I need to drain to get my CYA levels back in check? I'm draining it now and it is down about 8 inches. It is 13.5 x 27 feet. Also, if algae is growing in my pool there can't be enough chlorine to hurt my plants can there? During the warmer months I'll be back to BBB. I only use the pucks in the fall and winter because I don't have time for the pool then. Any help would be most appreciated. :-D

Hey,

You need to drain about 60% of your pool. That will get the CYA down around 50 and everything will be very manageable. You won't use enough chlorine to have any effect on your plants.

Thanks! I drained 50% and shocked. My swamp cleared up literally overnight. Now my problem is that I lost my little CYA tube. Do you know how I can get another one? I can't find the "place" I bought my test kit from on here. Haven't been on much since two summers ago and I can't find my way around the site anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.