I am reading and reading, and re-reading. It is starting to sink in - but I have a few questions.
1..The articles say that you shock when the CC reads a certain amount, or if the FC has been allowed to drop. Do you test the combined chlorine every time you test the chlorine? That would be nightly, right?
2.. I had to drain due to some iron and copper in my water. I didn't have any problems for 9 years, and then all of a sudden there was the staining. So, how do I make sure that when I fill (I have an auto fill) I don't have this issue again. How often should I take my water for mineral testing, or should I use a sequestrant on a regular basis because of the history?
(Currently readings for iron and copper at zero with new water.)