Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: installing 1hp sand filter,pump

1. Back To Top    #1

installing 1hp sand filter,pump

Ok...I used this sand filter last year..but I've lost the directions... I've had to disconnect the 1hp sand filter,pump combo to get it repaired...and now I'm re attaching it to my 17,000 gallon pool.... I can't remember what to do...can anyone help me? I have it attached and running now..but I think it may be wrong...
    Also...the hose going from the pump to the filter is leaking and I can't get it to stop..I'm wondering if this may be affecting the pressure in the pump. I don't want to damage this thing..please help!!!

27 ft AG pool. 17,000 gallons, 1hp sand filter/pump combo...generic "roaring river" brand

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: installing 1hp sand filter,pump

Other than the leak,...........what makes you think it is connected wrong? Symptoms? got pics?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

It seems that the clear part is not completely filled up with water and there is air being pulled thru the filter... I'm not sure if this is ok...also..if you see the close up in the pic of the white tubing is where the leak is.. I've used plummers tape...and re tightened it several times...
    Also..my liner has some wrinkels in it and I'm wanting to buy a vacume..wil the wrikles affect the automatic vacumes..maybe causing the vacume to get stuck?
    Thanks...

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm having trouble downloading my pics...says they r too big..sry..

5. Back To Top    #5

Many of use use a free photobucket account to upload pics to, then post the url here.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can also open them in Windows picture and fax viewer and email them to yourself-reducing the size, then attach and post.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!