Howdy everyone. Like a lot of people, I recently bought a home with a pool, and this will be my first pool. The realtor for the previous owner (who was not in the area) put a tarp cover on it last fall, but did not fill up the pool or put anything under the tarp, so rainwater collected in the center and pulled it into the pool. See exhibit A:
This was the state when I took possession in January. Since it was winter, I simply bought a Meyco mesh cover to replace the tarp and then left it alone until a couple of days ago. Now, it looks like this:
Started pulling out leaves with a leaf rake (net) yesterday. I also tried something called a "leaf eater", which sounded good, but didn't seem to outperform the basic net. There are a LOT of leaves in there... I also have one of these:
But that looks more like something to use when it's mostly clean. Someone please correct me if you think this will help the cleanup process, though.
(those leaves are all gone now)
I also have a Taylor test kit that I bought after reading the guide to test kits on this site. Today's plan is to remove as many leaves as possible and test the water. I have tested CYA already and it was zero. I did get one BioGuard analysis done but then I read about those being inaccurate, so I'm going to disregard that, I guess.
More as it progresses...