Best Robot for my Vinyl liner ?????? Help

Apr 30, 2007
NJ
I just replaced the liner on my 20x40 IG pool and would like to know which robotic cleaner will be the safest for use on the liner. I have a Blue Pearl that has worked well for about five years. I need new belts from the motor to the drive section and the filter bag could probably use replacing. Before I spend the money on parts I want to know if there is something better out there. While I cannot prove it I believe the unit wore down the liner near the water surface as the pattern was very faded there and where the walls met the floor. Is there something that will be more gentle on the liner?

I can't help much but have a comment on the faded liner. My Father in law got a new liner and, within a year, the pattern was worn where the floor meets the walls and in the shallow end where his suction side vacuum spends most of it's time.

My Blue diamond has been slipping and sliding and rubbing at the point where the walls and floor meets for four years and I see no wear whatsoever.

I suspect it is the quality of the imprint on the liner rather than the cleaner doing the damage.

kirbinster said:
I just replaced the liner on my 20x40 IG pool and would like to know which robotic cleaner will be the safest for use on the liner. I have a Blue Pearl that has worked well for about five years. I need new belts from the motor to the drive section and the filter bag could probably use replacing. Before I spend the money on parts I want to know if there is something better out there. While I cannot prove it I believe the unit wore down the liner near the water surface as the pattern was very faded there and where the walls met the floor. Is there something that will be more gentle on the liner?

the belts are minor replacement costs although a bit of a pain to actually change, the filter is a minor replacement cost too. you really aren't going to get much better in a cleaner. I would stick with that. the only thing you don't have is a warranty.

Well I guess it was a good idea to replace the roller pads. I had not realized how much they had worn down. I think the edge near the traction wheels was actually scraping along the liner. You can see in the pictures that the old pad had worn down to about half the thickness of the new ones. Never noticed this without taking the unit apart as they appeared to be in good condition without much wear.

Attachments

• roller1a.JPG
    roller1a.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 152
  • roller2a.JPG
    roller2a.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 152
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.