Hi from Delta, Canada

Apr 27, 2012
Delta B.C. Canada
Hi all, I live in sunny Delta, Canada - about 4 blocks north of Washington state, and about 20 miles south of Vancouver, B.C. We bought a house last fall with a pool, and a hot tub. I've never had either before, and I've already started having "challenges" with both.

The house was built in 1969 and the pool is probably of the same era, but I don't know. It's an ingound gunnite pool (or a "See-ment pond" as Jethro might have called it). Although the pool has been trouble free, and I have a pool service looking after it, I'm a hands on guy and have started nosing around. First issue is there's no weir on the skimmer so I'm hunting for a replacement. I'll post a query in the appropriate topic on that problem shortly, as it's not a simple fix since I can't identify the skimmer.

On the hot tub front - it croaked yesterday - the spa pack frapped out and has to be replaced. Bummer, I've spent the winter getting into the hot tub habit and suddenly I have to go cold turkey. :grrrr: I ordered a replacement today and should have it installed ASAP.

There's more...but that's why I joined up...to get to the bottom of the pool (and the hot tub)! Anyway, nice place ya got here.

See ya 'round.

Z