Howdy from Samger, CA

Fid777

Apr 28, 2012
Sanger, CA
Well owning a pool is as butt kicking as I heard about! Have only ever had lil kiddie pools but now I have a house I had to try a lil upgrade. Lol even with this little one I am having some trouble. I hope I am in the right place to get some help.

I only have a 6-way tester kit bc unfortunately at the moment I have a slight budget, but hope to purchase better kit maybe next month. Total chlorine/bromine did not register. Total alkalinity test was 50 ppm. My pH was at 7.2. Total hardness was also at 50 ppm. And last the cyanuric acid test registered no cloudiness in the water therefore I have no number. I have had pool up for 5 days and have done nothing yet(I know probably really horrible sorry) the pool clarity is starting to get cloudy, sort of a yellow/tan usher haze to it.

My intelligence must not be so high because I am having issues with the pool calculator. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you to whoever and have a splendid day.

Welcome to TFP.
Taking care of a pool really isn't that hard but you have to do it everyday.

Since you've let it go this far you're going to have to shock it. There's an article in pool school on how to do that. :)

The pool calculator takes a little bit to get used to but it's easy to use once you get the hang of it.
First put the gallons of your pool in the cell for it.
Then put all your test results in the Now column.
Then put your desired levels in the Target column.
Then near the bottom, set the type of pool you have and set it for Troublefreepool levels.
Then calculate!

You'll get the hang of it before long.

Ok so just did tests from what I put in last night.

Chlorine/bromine is somewhere between 5-10
pH is 7.4
TA was 70 ppm
CA was between 80-90 ppm
CYA still is nothing. There is not enough cloudiness to make that dot in the tube dissappear.

I did the calculator last night and I put in what it told me. Baking soda, liquid stabilizer, calcium, bleach and I put in a chlorine disc but water almost looks worse this morning. I hope I don't have to replace the whole water amount.