help please with intex sand filter / SWG info and choices

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I am planning to set up an Intex Ultra Frame 26’ x 52” or a 12’ x 24’. Size and shape to be determined once the tree in the middle of my yard has been removed. Along with this pool I was considering this Intex Sand Filter / SWG set up.

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-56681EG...ANOE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335572519&sr=8-4

Is there anyone on here that is familiar with this filter setup? With all that I’ve read, I believe it will be sufficient for filtering. I would also like to know the length of the power cord please. I can plug in on my back porch or in the garage. I have a GFCI outlet on the back porch and/or could conceivably add a GFCI in/on the garage as there is an outlet inside the garage right next to one possible location for the pool.

Thank you for any help.

Re: help please with intex sand filter / SWG info and choice

I recommend not getting the combo unit and instead getting the sand filter without SWG and a separate SWG. It is quite likely that you will want to replace either the SWG or the pump/filter well before the other, which is difficult with the combo unit.

For larger size pools there are significant advantages in spending more to get a better pump/filter combo. The Intex will work, but has disadvantages. Still, you can't beat the price on the Intex.

Thank you so much!

I have figured the equipment and prices and pondered and drooled over everyone's pools ever since I found this forum (love it by the way).

It had crossed my mind that I may need to change one component or the other at some point. However, I had not realized it would be an issue. They hook up together by way of hoses so, I had assumed that I could upgrade each part as the need arose and as my pool education expands. By your response above, am I to understand that it is not possible to change out one component at a time? With a better/different brand?

Either way, I may have to go this route for now and just upgrade the whole shebang at a later date as I can save for it.

I'm gettin' a poooool! :party: YAY!

I was searching again to see if I could find a better set up than the Intex combo as per your recommendation.
I have found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-S210T-Series-21-Inch-Top-Mount/dp/B000EVSKSO/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_1_dp

They suggest this package deal.
Hayward S210T Pro Series 21-Inch Top-Mount Pool Sand Filter
+ Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump with Cord
+ Intermatic P1121 Heavy Duty Above Ground Pool Pump Timer
Price For All Three: $376.97

This item: Hayward S210T Pro Series 21-Inch Top-Mount Pool Sand Filter Hayward $197.99
Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump with Cord Hayward $158.00
Intermatic P1121 Heavy Duty Above Ground Pool Pump Timer by Intermatic $20.98

In your opinion, would I do better to do this, over the intex sand filter/pump, SWG package?

I could add the SWG now or later. Depending on available funds.

Thanks again,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.