Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure EI Thoughts

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure EI Thoughts

So, my wife has been harassing me about converting our pool (22,000g gunite in Northern Virginia) to the SWG system. I have finally gotten around to it and have been trying to do some research on the products. I have read through the forums and was wondering if any other members have had any experience with the Jandy Aquapure EI system. My reason for leaning towards this product is first (and most importantly to me), it appears to be very easy to install. I am not very mechanically inclined, so easier the better. In addition, the price point is not too bad for me, which is a second priority for me (see above ). I have been searching on the web for reviews and such but not coming up with much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to product:
    http://www.jandyei.com/
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure EI Thoughts

Welcome to TFP!

We haven't heard very much about the Jandy Aquapure EI. For whatever reason, there don't seem to be nearly as many of them out there are other brands/models have. I suppose it might be because most SWG systems are installed by professionals, and they would use the other model that is glued into the plumbing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

I have installed many EI's they are very easy to install including the hard wire unit. I have only had one unit that had issues it kept cycling into no flow.. Also I am not a huge fan that the unit doesn't display ppm.. Ei is one of the few that offers a one year warranty unless it was bought and installed by a pro edge dealer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for pointing out the lack of PPM reading. Missing that would cause more issues.

I guess I can look at one of the CompyPool or CiruPool models. Are they fairly easy to install?
    2004, 22.5K Gal., 36x18, IG Gunite, 2HP Hayward Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Raypak 406 NG Heater, Dolphin Supreme M4 Robot, Automatic Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

Please ignore, saw some recommendations in another post.