Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Want to buy a salt generator system

1. Back To Top    #1

Want to buy a salt generator system

I have a 30 ft AG pool and want to buy a salt generator system, any recommendations. I have been looking at Jandy, CompuPool and CircuPool. The CircuPool is about $200-300 more, is it worth it? We only have our pool open about 5-6 months a year. I live in NC.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Want to buy a salt generator system

Welcome to TFP.

The CompuPool has gotten good reviews on the forum and they have a very attractive price. The CircuPool has a better warranty, but is otherwise essentially identical.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

You may want to consider SGS, you NEVER have to use acid to clean the cell which IMO, degrades the cell!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry but I don't know what SGS and IMO stand for. I'm new at this salt system stuff.

5. Back To Top    #5

SGS is a brand name, IMO means in my opinion. The method used to clean calcium scale off the cell is only an issue for people in arid regions with very hard tap water. In the rest of the country you shouldn't be getting any scaling on the cell in the first place, so it really doesn't matter how you would clean it off if you did.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I did a lot of research on SWG's before deciding on the CompuPool CPSC36. I hope to get it all installed this weekend. It seemed like the best balance of price and performance for me.
    15' x 30' x 52" Oval AGP; 1hp Hayward Powerflo LX Pump; Hayward Sand Filter; 4 2'x20' Sungrabber Solar Panels; Compupool CPSC36 SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

I've got a CPSC48 on a 17K pool. I'm happy with the results.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida