Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Above ground pool cleaner?? 16'x32' 52" with 2650gph pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Above ground pool cleaner?? 16'x32' 52" with 2650gph pump

Hello,
    I have been raking my brain on this one. I am looking for somthing of an automatic pool cleaner that will move around the bottom and also the sides of an Intex Ultra pool 16x32. I can use the sand filter pump for the vacuum power, but when I read the specs of the different vacuums, I don't really see anything that says for above ground pools both bottom and sides cleaned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Tony
    18600 Gallon In Ground
    Vinyl liner
    Aqua Genie Skimmer/Return
    Purex Triton Challenger wet end with Emerson 2EZ Speed Two-Speed with Timer Motor 3/4HP #EB2980T
    Sta-Rite 145361 Cristal-Flo II High-Rate Sand Filter 22Inch
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Above ground pool cleaner?? 16'x32' 52" with 2650gph p

Quote Originally Posted by trhardy
    Hello,
    I have been raking my brain on this one. I am looking for somthing of an automatic pool cleaner that will move around the bottom and also the sides of an Intex Ultra pool 16x32. I can use the sand filter pump for the vacuum power, but when I read the specs of the different vacuums, I don't really see anything that says for above ground pools both bottom and sides cleaned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Tony

Hey when you find one, let me know!! I have looked on ebay and some of the simple cleaners say they are not mean't for soft sided (intex) type pools. I have a intex pool like yours (16 x 48) and when they say "soft side" do they mean vinyl? Our pools are vinyl, but they have metal on the sides supporting the vinyl. I am somewhat confused.
    Intex AGP, 16 x 48 (6000 gal.), Sillica II sand filter, Doughboy Power Pak II 1hp Pump,