Upright support movement when filling Intex

Apr 21, 2012
18x52 Ultraframe
While the pool is filling, do you constantly adjust the supports to assure they are vertical? After a certain amount of water is in there I assume it will be to heavy to adjust the supports.

My fill process:
1. Setup pool in aprox. position.
2. Put about 1-2" of water in, smooth out wrinkles and adjust pool placement.
3. Put more water in, checking for wrinkles and leg positions (side to side, in and out)
4. Fill with water, check and adjust water balance.
5. Have fun!

when we installed our 16ft metal frame intex, i let it fill a foot or so & adjusted the legs & then did it again at 2 & 3ft. You are correct, once it is almost full you wont be able to easily adjust the legs. I did have one leg that due to sinking went out of level when it was almost full & I used a rubber mallet to "gently" adjust it. But I am not recommending that as the preferred method

What mcoonan has said is a good way to fill the pool. If your site is level, you should not have to adjust the legs to much. There still is always some needed though. I kept an eye on mine when filling. If I remember correctly, at about half full and I could not adjust anymore.

The pads that should be in the ground are pavers that the pool legs should stand on. If you mean the "foot" of the leg when you say "pad", that should not be buried but should be atop the paver.

Ok, I think I get it thanks.
So as I level I should figure out where the pavers go and make them flush and level. The intex installation instructions and video don't seem to give any measurments.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.