Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for thoughts on a new heater

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for thoughts on a new heater

I currently have a Sta-Rite SR400NA heater. It has been going for 11 yrs and the blower motor has died on it. I have been recommend by many not to repair it but rather replace the unit as this might be the beginning of problems for the heater. I have a lot of chose in the unit I put in. I am tempted to keep the old one as spare parts and replace it for a like heater. Does any one have recommendations? Do I need (the old one was not) CuproNickle heat exchanger? Given that Sta-Rite was purchased should I be looking else where? are there heaters / types you would recommend. I am all ears.
    36,000 gallon in-ground vinyl liner, Pentair Triton II Fiberglass Sand Filter TR-140, Pentair Triton wisperFlo 3 HP Pump, located in the pacific northwest.

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Looking for thoughts on a new heater

That its 11 years old is good! You're doing great with the pool chems. If the heat exchanger went, I would say get the new heater but not for the fan.

Replacing the blower motor is a LOT less expensive than replacing the heater.

Pentair bought Sta-Rite because of the heater. No need to change. Really.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.