Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which levels to use

1. Back To Top    #1

Greenville Indiana

Which levels to use

I am setting my pool up as a swg pool but I will be dosing bleach or pool store lquid chlorine untill the swg is purchased in early fall or next years opening. Right now I have about 3200ppm salt in, and the boric acid is on the way. Cya is at 50, fc 4.5, ph 7.3, ta 210, ch 210. My tap water is even worse! I found threads reccomending using the swg levels, and others to use the fresh water list. Right now the salt and boric acid is mainly to improve feel.

TIA Eric
    27' x 54" Cameo by Backyard Leisure (Wilbar) 17,200 gallon
    Hayward S180T filter with a 1.5hp pump
    Zodiac Barracuda Ranger vacuum
    GLI fencing around top rail
    All piping hard piped (that is what I do far a living!)
    six 2'x20' solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Which levels to use

Unless you are running a swg, use the bleach recommended levels regardless of salt concentration.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Huntsville, AL

Re: Which levels to use

You might want to lower your TA before adding borates, I believe it will be harder to adjust after the borates are in. Here is a link to the instructions for adding borates:

And here is another link on how to lower TA:
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG