Concrete "curb" around outside of aboveground pool

BigEyesLittleWallet

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 17, 2010
Metamora IL
Is there any reason I shouldn't create a form (3.5" high 6" deep) that goes around the outside base of my above ground pool and fill it with concrete.

I'm trying to make sure water can't get under the pool to wash the sand out (Overfilling the pool, fill hose coming out of the pool, ect...)

I have field tile about 1.5 feet away from the pool to take any water away.

bad idea? thoughts?

I don't think that ever been brought up here on the forum. It seems to me it certainly wouldn't be able to seal to the out wall of the pool so mold, dirt, algae, etc. would begin to grow between the concrete and the pool wall and you couldn't clean it out.

I'm not so sure that makes it bad to do but it's something to think about.

We were concerned about water getting underneath our AGP when it was first installed. My husband dug a trench all the way around it, lined it with thick plastic and installed black flexible pipe with holes in it. He t'd it off and connected another pipe for the water to drain down the hill away from the pool. Then he used landscaping timbers to make a border and covered it all with gravel. It looks like a sidewalk going around the pool. It works great. It also keeps weeds and grass from growing too close too the pool.

I don't think that ever been brought up here on the forum. It seems to me it certainly wouldn't be able to seal to the out wall of the pool so mold, dirt, algae, etc. would begin to grow between the concrete and the pool wall and you couldn't clean it out.

I'm not so sure that makes it bad to do but it's something to think about.

What if the concrete was used under the pool stanchions and outside the pool? Basically a donut of concrete not under pool liner, just the outside ring of a 24' round above ground pool. Would that work and if so, how thick would the concrete need to be?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.