Intex 2650 -- toast?

smc477

Apr 26, 2012
Tried to start up my pump/SWG today and nothing happened. It has power as the SWG actually came on but the pump did not even try. Of course the low flow alarm came on quickly after. Is my pump toast? If not what can I do?

Only had it about 9 months.

Welcome to TFP.

If you've only had it nine months, is it still under warranty? (I know nothing about Intex warranty).

If it's not under warranty you can take it apart and see if you can get it to turn. You can try to turn it from the impeller with the power off of course.

Thanks for the response. It was much easier than I thought. Intex is going to ship me a new motor. Just have to replace the motor and keep my skimmer and sand filter in tact. Should be fairly simple (I hope). :party:

If you're lucky you'll get another sand filter also. My 1650 started making a racket last summer, called in for warranty and within a week and entire new pump/filter combo showed up. I called and they said it was normal and to use the new stuff and keep the old for parts.

Hi,

I am looking at getting an Intex set up and the 2650 gph sand filter with SWG is the one I am looking at as I have found a pretty good deal for it. Could you tell me please, how long the power cord is? I am trying to figure out where to position the pool and the cord length is important for this. Also, are you pleased with the system? Any issues you can share? I mean any other than those already mentioned.

Thank you,

Actually up until now I have had zero complaints with the system. I got the whole system for $349. It kept my pool crystal clear all summer with very very little work on my part. Just set the timer and backwash about once a week.

Im happy with it, especially when you consider the price compared to similar units. Im probably one of the few people without an intex pool who has an intex pump.

The cord is about 20' long. I initially used a drop cord (contractor grade) before I had some power installed closer to the pool.

Taterfink said:
Hi,

I am looking at getting an Intex set up and the 2650 gph sand filter with SWG is the one I am looking at as I have found a pretty good deal for it. Could you tell me please, how long the power cord is? I am trying to figure out where to position the pool and the cord length is important for this. Also, are you pleased with the system? Any issues you can share? I mean any other than those already mentioned.

Thank you,
I would recommend getting the pump/filter separate from the swg. Most likely the swg will fail long before the pump/filter does. Usually you can find deals to get the two separately for the same price as the all in one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.