Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 2650 -- toast?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 2650 -- toast?

Tried to start up my pump/SWG today and nothing happened. It has power as the SWG actually came on but the pump did not even try. Of course the low flow alarm came on quickly after. Is my pump toast? If not what can I do?

Only had it about 9 months.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 2650 -- toast?

Welcome to TFP.

If you've only had it nine months, is it still under warranty? (I know nothing about Intex warranty).

If it's not under warranty you can take it apart and see if you can get it to turn. You can try to turn it from the impeller with the power off of course.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response. It was much easier than I thought. Intex is going to ship me a new motor. Just have to replace the motor and keep my skimmer and sand filter in tact. Should be fairly simple (I hope).

4. Back To Top    #4

If you're lucky you'll get another sand filter also. My 1650 started making a racket last summer, called in for warranty and within a week and entire new pump/filter combo showed up. I called and they said it was normal and to use the new stuff and keep the old for parts.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi,

I am looking at getting an Intex set up and the 2650 gph sand filter with SWG is the one I am looking at as I have found a pretty good deal for it. Could you tell me please, how long the power cord is? I am trying to figure out where to position the pool and the cord length is important for this. Also, are you pleased with the system? Any issues you can share? I mean any other than those already mentioned.

Thank you,
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)

6. Back To Top    #6

Actually up until now I have had zero complaints with the system. I got the whole system for $349. It kept my pool crystal clear all summer with very very little work on my part. Just set the timer and backwash about once a week.

Im happy with it, especially when you consider the price compared to similar units. Im probably one of the few people without an intex pool who has an intex pump.

The cord is about 20' long. I initially used a drop cord (contractor grade) before I had some power installed closer to the pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Taterfink
    Hi,

I am looking at getting an Intex set up and the 2650 gph sand filter with SWG is the one I am looking at as I have found a pretty good deal for it. Could you tell me please, how long the power cord is? I am trying to figure out where to position the pool and the cord length is important for this. Also, are you pleased with the system? Any issues you can share? I mean any other than those already mentioned.

Thank you,
    I would recommend getting the pump/filter separate from the swg. Most likely the swg will fail long before the pump/filter does. Usually you can find deals to get the two separately for the same price as the all in one.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you both for your responses. I truly appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.
    Angie M.
    AG, 26' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame, vinyl, 14667 gal. And LOVING it!!! Hayward S15922S 1HP, 2SP pump and Hayward S220T Sand Filter. Hard plumbed with PVC, added second return, intex SWG, Hydro Pool widemouth skimmer. Set up in May 2012!
    N.E. Florida. TF100 - Best investment EVER! (Well, for the pool anyway)