LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
Venice, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
My PB wants to start plaster tomorrow. My understanding is that we then fill and start the pumps...right? Well there is still no electrical hook up, ( wired, just not connected to the service) and there is a small leak in one of the elbows at the mechanical equipment. I've watched this for over a week, seeing the pressure go from 30 to 8. Also there is a 2 in piece of rebar sticking out into the spa from within the gunite. Should I insist that these items are addressed before the plaster?

The rebar has to be addressed before the plaster is applied. The electrical needs to be hooked up within a day or two after plastering at the latest (before is better). The slow leak can wait till later if it has to. All of that can be dealt with very quickly, right before or even during plastering, if the right people show up to take care of each item.

I wouldn't say it's not solid. There have been a couple of mistakes, yes. Having never been involved in this type of project, I tend to ask a lot of questions, and I just want it done right. I don't want to, however be unreasonable. Pool building is certainly not my business.

The job is moving along at a good pace, but I don't want to rush into a stage that we may not be ready for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.