Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: before we plaster shouldn't we...

1. Back To Top    #1

before we plaster shouldn't we...

My PB wants to start plaster tomorrow. My understanding is that we then fill and start the pumps...right? Well there is still no electrical hook up, ( wired, just not connected to the service) and there is a small leak in one of the elbows at the mechanical equipment. I've watched this for over a week, seeing the pressure go from 30 to 8. Also there is a 2 in piece of rebar sticking out into the spa from within the gunite. Should I insist that these items are addressed before the plaster?
    Built 2012: 14x28' free formed IG gunite with 4 person spa. 11,000gal, Hayward 2 speed Tristar pump, Hayward 420sq ft cartridge filter , auto tablet chlorinator (I use BBB), 250BTU Hayward heater, quartz pebble finish, LED lighting

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: before we plaster shouldn't we...

I am so reluctant to get between you and your PB. You should certainly address those things to him but it sounds like your relationship with him is not solid, is that right?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

The rebar has to be addressed before the plaster is applied. The electrical needs to be hooked up within a day or two after plastering at the latest (before is better). The slow leak can wait till later if it has to. All of that can be dealt with very quickly, right before or even during plastering, if the right people show up to take care of each item.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I wouldn't say it's not solid. There have been a couple of mistakes, yes. Having never been involved in this type of project, I tend to ask a lot of questions, and I just want it done right. I don't want to, however be unreasonable. Pool building is certainly not my business.

The job is moving along at a good pace, but I don't want to rush into a stage that we may not be ready for.
    Built 2012: 14x28' free formed IG gunite with 4 person spa. 11,000gal, Hayward 2 speed Tristar pump, Hayward 420sq ft cartridge filter , auto tablet chlorinator (I use BBB), 250BTU Hayward heater, quartz pebble finish, LED lighting

5. Back To Top    #5

Would it be OK to just saws-all it out. Thank you for your advice tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

Yep, it just needs to be cut off reasonably close to the surface (or ideally just below the surface) and you are good to go.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you that information helps.