Electric - any recommendations for nice to have?

Jun 4, 2011
We are in new construction - and getting ready for electric (gunite completed today). Any recommendations for "nice to have" on anything electric?

I heard the timer for the pump is nice. We have Hayward led lights. We are going to get wiring run for Low Voltage landscaping under the pavers Anything else you guys have done where you have said - "Wow! Sooo glad we did THIS with electric!"

Thanks - will post pictures soon.

This is gunite - 18x38 with L that is 8x7. Hayward LED. We did for jets with bench across the back. Sport pool.

There are several things that take electrical supply where it's nice to have the conduit and wiring provided while running the electric. Things, such as:

1) Booster pump for a pressure cleaner.
2) Heat pump.
3) Gas heater (Electric for controls and ignition)
4) Salt chlorinator.

If any of these things are not on the initial contract, but you think that they are a serious possibility in the future, you might want to run the supply so that they can be added later

Also, if you are considering getting an automation system, it would be helpful to have that provided for in the electric as well.

Outlets for music, etc. is a great one! Thanks.... Will definitely have him put a few extras in for us. Thanks....

Here are some pictures of the dig last week and gunite from yesterday. :) ONLY thing we did wrong....new pool code requires for sport pools to have another set of stairs (new since we purchased the pool in the fall). We didn't plan on stairs in the far corner. PB should have had the plumbing moved so the four jets across the bench didn't end up so close to the stairs. Not a huge deal. Everything else is exactly like we wanted!

I will post in another thread answers to a lot of questions I had during the process. I have been living and breathing on this site every night after putting my boys to bed. It's a GREAT site -- with awesome resources.

Attachments

• Pool_1.JPG
    Pool_1.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Pool_Gunite_1.JPG
    Pool_Gunite_1.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Pool_Gunite_2.JPG
    Pool_Gunite_2.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 109
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.