Polaris 340 pool cleaner deal

Aug 16, 2010
Saint Cloud, MN
Hello, I've been searching the Pool Cleaners forum trying to find a pool cleaner for my new pool and looking at prices online and had found this site that has a good deal on a Polaris:
http://www.inyopools.com/Products/03600001004596.htm
Please note I'm not affiliated with this company or Polaris and if this is against the forum rules (I didn't see anything about sharing prices found online) please remove this post as you see fit. Just trying to pass along a great deal.

Thanks,
Jason

Polaris is a great company, but the 340 has gotten sub-par reviews. That particular model does not tend to last very long, and when parts break, replacement parts are difficult to find. The 340 is the same on the inside as the ATV, and has been discontinued.

I would recommend you stick with a 280, 380, or 360. It may cost a little more upfront, but will save you money and a headache in the long run.

Excellent info! Thank you for the insight.
I haven't really decided if I am going to be making the purchase of a pool cleaner, I figured I would see once the pool is up and functioning to see how the pool bottom is staying clean. With my pool I believe the intake is up higher and if I'm putting the skimmer in place of the intake it won't draw a lot of bottom crud.
Plus after dropping the money on the pool, skimmer, new floaties for the fam :party: spending another few hundred might have to wait a bit.

Gotcha. I didn't realize your pool was AG until just now :hammer: so those cleaners I mentioned would be overkill. Silly me..always telling people to add pool stats to their sig box...and then I just overlook it!

You can get a good above ground pool cleaner for under $200 for sure!

I had been eyeing up a Hayward aqua bug (Wanda the Whale) on Amazon for $117 but haven't really looked around on this forum to see actual user's experiences. If you have any experience with this or can recommend another "budget" cleaner that would be appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.