Hi from CO/need lots of info

csten

Apr 25, 2012
I am researching 15' AGP.. did the Intel Walmart one for a few summers and want to upgrade to one which we don't have to take down. On a well so need to be mindful of water usage, plus way less work than putting up and down each year. With that said does anyone have any insights on these pools:
Eclipse (Garden Leisure),
Barbados (http://familypoolfun.com, Wilber),
Heritage RTR 52" by Sharkline. Looks like all these are actually Wilber companies.

Also any suggestions on the liner: overlap, unibead, j-hook, beaded??? I have been told the overlap is easier to install, but tons of posts here about them slipping??

Would also like some insight on pump and filter system. Yes, I see most have way more HP than needed. Most of these come in a kit with a Sta-Rite sand filter 1 or 1 1/2 HP or a Hayward 17" Sand Filter with 1 HP Pump. I am not opposed to a filter if that is better than sand. I washed the filters on our 15' Intel pool once a week and used them for a month at a time.. Staying on top of the pool water I had no trouble with the little undersized filter system on the cheap set up. Does the back washing really use that much water? And I suppose I have to have a place to do this? Pool is close to landscaping and water with chemicals can't be drained there, would hurt plants.. How often does it have to be back washed?? Enough for now.. this site is awesome.. can't thank you enough for all the great information.

OH and one more thing have looked and looked for an AGP installer in the Denver area.. no such thing.. any advise?