Plaster (?) Residue in Polaris 280

Apr 26, 2012
Hello all - I have just purchased a house with a pool. This house and pool were built in 2007 and purchased by an NFL player as a second home. This home has never been lived in and i have to imagine the pool was not taken care of. I have been monitoring all chemical levels and they are well within safe levels. Recently i purchased a Polaris 280 cleaner and keep finding large amounts of clear/blue sand like substance in the bag. I fear this is plaster from the bottom of the pool. Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone tell me im wrong and not to worry about it? What damage can i cause by running the pool for another month or so before having it drained and inspected?

It is hard to tell but you can see the circular swipe plus the lines wehre you see the Polaris has been. I will check the bag when i get home and see about posting a photo of the residue.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 27
What damage can i cause by running the pool for another month or so before having it drained and inspected?
None that I can think of. The damage, if any, has already been done and you can't hurt it by cleaning. Be sure to post your test numbers, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.