Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster (?) Residue in Polaris 280

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster (?) Residue in Polaris 280

Hello all - I have just purchased a house with a pool. This house and pool were built in 2007 and purchased by an NFL player as a second home. This home has never been lived in and i have to imagine the pool was not taken care of. I have been monitoring all chemical levels and they are well within safe levels. Recently i purchased a Polaris 280 cleaner and keep finding large amounts of clear/blue sand like substance in the bag. I fear this is plaster from the bottom of the pool. Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone tell me im wrong and not to worry about it? What damage can i cause by running the pool for another month or so before having it drained and inspected?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plaster (?) Residue in Polaris 280

Some pictures would help...does sound like plaster though. Please post a set of test results as well (FC, CC, pH, TA, CH, CYA). Welcome to TFP!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

It is hard to tell but you can see the circular swipe plus the lines wehre you see the Polaris has been. I will check the bag when i get home and see about posting a photo of the residue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

What damage can i cause by running the pool for another month or so before having it drained and inspected?
    None that I can think of. The damage, if any, has already been done and you can't hurt it by cleaning. Be sure to post your test numbers, though.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School