Forum server upgrade on Friday afternoon - now completed

I have fixed the http://troublefreepool.com/ problem.

We are currently having some problems sending e-mail to AT&T customers from the new server. I'm working on that, and hope to have it fixed sometime this week. SBCGlobal is a subsidiary of AT&T.

There were also some problems with user names containing single quote characters, which are now fixed.

And finally, some extended characters used in posts became garbled during the conversion. I am still looking into that.

Thanks Jason. I can confirm the domain-only URL is working now.

Another issue that I'm seeing is that some avatars are missing. In this post X-PertPool's and Richard320's avatar images seem to be missing the underlying file. If I go to their profiles, I see the same problem. I can provide screenshots if it would be helpful.

Best,
John

Jason, I don't see Richards smiling face or x-pertpool either? I used to? I'm using Lion (10.7). By the way logging out after I leave has stopped now ever since the upgrade.

I see the problem with Zea3 as well. I see the problem on my Windows PC using Chrome and IE9. I also see it on my Android tablet. To rule out my ISP, I tried it on my BlackBerry on a the cellular network, and I see the problem there too as well. Clearing the browser cache had no effect.

In case more examples are helpful, I see missing avatars for these members:

member5352.html
member14734.html
member104.html
member471.html
member9888.html
member10511.html
member10634.html
member3514.html
member9818.html
member12815.html
member14734.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Character encoding?

Was there a database dump-and-reload as part of the move?

The carefully-crafted advanced Unicode symbols in my signature got all mucked up, almost as if the database was dumped in one encoding (UTF-8?), then re-loaded in a different encoding (ISO-8859-1?)

I'll work on updating my signature, but that might be something to watch out for in future moves, perhaps! ^_^

Yes, we did have some problems with Unicode characters during the transfer. I've been fixing some of the more obvious cases so it is less noticeable now, but there is some corruption left scattered around and I am not going to be able to fix all of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.