Forum server upgrade on Friday afternoon - now completed

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
We will be moving the forum to a new server on Friday afternoon. During the upgrade the site will either be closed or inaccessible for a few hours. I will try to keep the down time to a minimum.

The number of people using the site has been growing at a dramatic rate ever since it was founded. The current server has been in use since 2008, and given how rapidly we have grown I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has. The new server is substantially more powerful and should be able to handle the increased traffic anticipated over the next several years.

We remain committed to being a 100% free resource for pool owners. As we make upgrades and improvements, the cost of running the site continues to increase. We depend on membership contributions to keep the site running. If you haven't already, please consider supporting TFP by becoming a lifetime or platinum member.

Re: Forum server upgrade on Friday afternoon - site will be

I will take some valium right after Lunch and should be good until about 6:00PM before I have a "post-partem" attack!!

Post-partem...get it?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sometimes I just kill myself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do I really have to tell you not to drink the pool water again??!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

duraleigh said:
I will take some valium right after Lunch and should be good until about 6:00PM before I have a "post-partem" attack!!

careful Dave, it's addictive...

duraleigh said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Like the lady said in the movie, "I'll have what he's having." :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It had better :)

The old server was running at about 80% of capacity during the last week, and would have failed in about two weeks as traffic continues to grow. The new server is a dramatically more powerful machine designed to last us for many years. Not everyone who would normally be online has discovered the new machine just yet, so I'm not sure just how meaningful this is, but currently we are running at about 3% of capacity on the new server.

I have told Jason this privately but want to say it in public.

Have y'all noticed how there are seldom, if ever, any technical issues on this forum? That's all because of the computer skills of Jason and his willingness to use those skills keeping our forum up to speed.

Jason absorbs the total cost of daily maintenance, licenses, domain registration, as well as this dynamite upgrade (I'm calling my lawyer, the screens are poppin' up so fast it is hurting my eyeballs). In return he benefits directly from the "Lifetime supporter" contributions y'all choose to make.

So, if you are on the fence or might be considering becoming a lifetime member, now would be a great time. I have no dog in that fight at all other than I am so very appreciative of the technical skills Jason has that keeps us up and running so smoothly.......it allows me to post all the drivel that travels through my mind about all things "poolish"

Have others had an issue with emails after the update?? I received one yesterday day from a post....but nothing after that?? Several posts were made in topics I was actively blabbing in. :)

It's an sbcglobal account.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.