Hello from PA

Jan 20, 2011
Doylestown,PA
Hey TFP!

I've been registered since last year when I bought my house and became a virgin Pool owner. I just want to say thanks to all you pool guru's for providing great info here at TFP. It really helped me out understanding pool care. I made it throughout the pool season last year with only one very small algae bloom which I took care of in a matter of days. Stumbling upon this forum really helped me in my first year as a pool owner. I also bought the TF100 Kit last year, which was essential to my first year.

Here is a couple of pics of the pool from last summer after getting everything stable. It's a Carlton Pool (Lake Shape) it's 36,000 gal. and in overall decent decent shape. Although, I did have the typical staining issue many have had with grey streaks which seem to come and go depending on temperature and/or pool chemistry. I also have Well water which if I remember correctly might have somethign to do with it. But that's for another thread :-D

2011-06-11_12-48-01_606.jpg

2011-06-11_12-49-09_148.jpg

Hello fellow Pennsylvanian! :wave: Your setting is lovely. I am in the process of having my pool built - just had liner and water installed today - and am considering some major landscaping in the works next. I have been thinking of some tall decorative grasses like you have. Have you found any issues with stray grasses finding their way into your pool on windy days? I am thinking that I would only need to deal with them once a year during trimming time. They make such a nice backdrop that I think any clean-up they might need is outweighed by how nice they look.

Stilly said:
Hello fellow Pennsylvanian! :wave: Your setting is lovely. I am in the process of having my pool built - just had liner and water installed today - and am considering some major landscaping in the works next. I have been thinking of some tall decorative grasses like you have. Have you found any issues with stray grasses finding their way into your pool on windy days? I am thinking that I would only need to deal with them once a year during trimming time. They make such a nice backdrop that I think any clean-up they might need is outweighed by how nice they look.
We removed 1/2 of the grass from those pictures last fall since they would tend to collapse due to over growth by mid July. If you look at my second pic, the grass in the lower left would be the type of grass I would recommend as they can support their own weight and typically stay vertical throughout the swim season. The other lighter colored grass to the right in the same picture get way too big and eventually collapse almost flat if not trimmed mid-summer. Those pics were taken in late May last year and you can see most are already starting to splay outward. They are good for privacy, but a bit of a pain upkeep wise.