Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from PA

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from PA

Hey TFP!

I've been registered since last year when I bought my house and became a virgin Pool owner. I just want to say thanks to all you pool guru's for providing great info here at TFP. It really helped me out understanding pool care. I made it throughout the pool season last year with only one very small algae bloom which I took care of in a matter of days. Stumbling upon this forum really helped me in my first year as a pool owner. I also bought the TF100 Kit last year, which was essential to my first year.

Here is a couple of pics of the pool from last summer after getting everything stable. It's a Carlton Pool (Lake Shape) it's 36,000 gal. and in overall decent decent shape. Although, I did have the typical staining issue many have had with grey streaks which seem to come and go depending on temperature and/or pool chemistry. I also have Well water which if I remember correctly might have somethign to do with it. But that's for another thread

36k IG Plaster Carlton Pool Lake-1992, Hayward SP2615X20 Super Pump 2-HP, Hayward DE-480S, Hayward 267A Heater, Silencer Portable Spa Blower 1 Horsepower - 240 Volt,
    Polaris I80, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from PA

Hello fellow Pennsylvanian! Your setting is lovely. I am in the process of having my pool built - just had liner and water installed today - and am considering some major landscaping in the works next. I have been thinking of some tall decorative grasses like you have. Have you found any issues with stray grasses finding their way into your pool on windy days? I am thinking that I would only need to deal with them once a year during trimming time. They make such a nice backdrop that I think any clean-up they might need is outweighed by how nice they look.
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to tfp, FGforty2
    Great looking pool
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly
    Hello fellow Pennsylvanian! Your setting is lovely. I am in the process of having my pool built - just had liner and water installed today - and am considering some major landscaping in the works next. I have been thinking of some tall decorative grasses like you have. Have you found any issues with stray grasses finding their way into your pool on windy days? I am thinking that I would only need to deal with them once a year during trimming time. They make such a nice backdrop that I think any clean-up they might need is outweighed by how nice they look.
    We removed 1/2 of the grass from those pictures last fall since they would tend to collapse due to over growth by mid July. If you look at my second pic, the grass in the lower left would be the type of grass I would recommend as they can support their own weight and typically stay vertical throughout the swim season. The other lighter colored grass to the right in the same picture get way too big and eventually collapse almost flat if not trimmed mid-summer. Those pics were taken in late May last year and you can see most are already starting to splay outward. They are good for privacy, but a bit of a pain upkeep wise.
    36k IG Plaster Carlton Pool Lake-1992, Hayward SP2615X20 Super Pump 2-HP, Hayward DE-480S, Hayward 267A Heater, Silencer Portable Spa Blower 1 Horsepower - 240 Volt,

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum. Great looking pool and landscaping!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum

Beautiful pool and surrounds
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome!
    I love your pools shape!
    Where abouts in PA do you reside?

-Ken-
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the welcome!

Kenmar.....I'm in Doylestown ,PA

9. Back To Top    #9

Doylestown! Great! PA REP_RE_SENTS!

That's not too far from me, I work in Quakertown.

BTW, You have come to the right place, the people here will help you with whatever you need.

-Ken-
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net