Fafco Solar Pool Heater Issues

Jun 2, 2011
Hey all,

I recently moved into a home with a nice inground pool. I have managed to repair just about everything but one small leak (at the pump housing inlet) and the solar panel control unit. The leak isn't an issue right now, but the solar panel I can't seem to figure out.

It is has a Fafco HM4000D control unit. I have power to it, and if I turn it to "Test/On" it changes the valve over like it should. The problem is that when its on "Auto" and the temp is set as high as it will go (100*), it never comes on. I know there is enough sun for it to come on, because its like 80*s out and the sun hits my roof directly during the afternoon.

Is there a way to test the sensors? What else could it be?

TIA,
Mike

Wow, I totally missed that on their site last night. I saw the user manual, but not that one. Thanks James, I will test the sensors when I get home today. Is there anything else I should look for? I checked all the connections, and looked the best I could for any broken wires.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.