Jacuzzi Cirrus - Temp Safety Switch

Apr 25, 2012
Just got this tub from Craigslist...when I have all conectors plugged into the control panel, the breaker kicks off. Using the process of elimination, have determined that when the "Temp Safety Switch" connector is unplugged, the tub will work when I manually depress the switches; the pump/flow jets, lights at least. Not sure if the tub will heat with the Temp Safety Switch failing. SO, the questions are:
- can I "jump" the Safety Switch somehow to see if the heater works? The connector has four plugs: white, black, and two red. Can I just jump it by inserting wire to the black and white plugs? Or is there a better way to test it?
- If the tub works completely once jumped, is there a way to repair the Safety Switch, or does it need to be replaced?
- I assume that if the heater doesn't work with the Safety Switch out of the picture, the whole heater unit needs to be replaced.

I'm a novice to hot tubs, so please be gentle! :)

Duke, welcome to TFP!
I don't know the answers to your questions, but I don't want this to fall off everyone's radar. Most of the service guys who know about this stuff are real busy this time of year opening pools, but hopefully someone will stop by who can help you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.