Broke my drain plug....

If this is for the pump, I also did this just last month. Twisted it to tight and SNAP! I used a screw extractor VERY carefully. Making sure to stay perfectly in the center of the plug, not to ruin threads on housing. It worked as designed. Good luck!

warning......those things only seem to work 1/2 the time. If you're lucky! I've NEVER had good luck trying to extract a broken screw of any sort.

Heat flat tip screwdriver up with propane torch, when hot insert tip into drain plug just a little way then pull screwdriver out. Quench the tip in water to cool. You now have melted a slot in the drain plug you can stick the screwdriver into to back the plug out.

Leebo said:
warning......those things only seem to work 1/2 the time. If you're lucky! I've NEVER had good luck trying to extract a broken screw of any sort.

I think they work all the time if done right... :cheers:

Agreed it was scary and if you get off center, threads on plastic housing could be messed up. Flat head screwdriver with torch sounds safer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.