Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualogic PS4 Control Salt Level

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualogic PS4 Control Salt Level

Hi all this may sound easy but I think I over thought this and am now confused.

On my DEFAULT MENU, my Chlorinator is set to 10% and my salt level shows 2900ppm
    On my DIAGNOSTIC MENU, its says "Chlorinator off Percentage Met", the "Instant Salt" shows 0000. The only time anything comes up in the Instant salt is when I bump the chlorinator level up, the cell activates, I can then save it.

Is this normal? In other words, Instant salt can only be read and saved when the Chlorinator is operating?

I was not aware the Aqualogic would know the Percentage was meat if it doesnt read chlrine level, I assumed it alwyas ran at that percentage power unitl it was shut off or the timer turned off.

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks! I kinda feel like a tool
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqualogic PS4 Control Salt Level

The % is the actually the amount of time the cell is generating. It always generates the same amount of FC ... you are just setting what % of time is it on within something like a 10 or 15 minutes cycle (I don't know the exact time period). For example, if the cycle is 10 minutes, a 10% setting would mean the cell is on 1 minute off for 9 minutes. A 50% setting would mean on for 5 minutes off for 5 minutes, etc.

The instant Salt reading is based on the current flow through the water (or something like that), so it would only know that level when actually generating FC to measure the current.

These are the basic ideas ... but maybe my details are a bit flawed
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Aqualogic PS4 Control Salt Level

jb!!! Ty my mind (what I have left) is now at ease......... :d
    16 x 32 Grecian Vinyl. Salt-Aqua Plus PS-4, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Ecostar SP34000vsp, Gulfstream HE-125-T-A Heat/Cool heat Pump