Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Disconnect filter from swg

1. Back To Top    #1

Disconnect filter from swg

I have read you can disconnect the power from the filter pump from the intex swcg combo unit. Does anyone have instructions on how to do that?
    32 1/2 X 19 free form gunite pool ~ oklahoma flagstone ~ 569 sq ft stamped concrete deck ~ Jandy E Pump ~ RB 320 Chlorine Sanitizer ~ UPP 15 gal Ozonator ~ 4 LED Savis lights ~ 3 ft sheer descent water feature ~ spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Disconnect filter from swg

I've seen it done by cutting the cable between the control box and the motor, then capping the individual wires with wire nuts and wrapping that with electrical tape. The only disadvantage of this approach is that it isn't all that easy to get it connected again once you have done that.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Disconnect filter from swg

Ok I see that part. My next question is, when using the combo unit the PVC from the filter that leads into the swg is larger than 1.5 inches. Anyone have a solution for hooking into that, similar to using the box adapter?
    32 1/2 X 19 free form gunite pool ~ oklahoma flagstone ~ 569 sq ft stamped concrete deck ~ Jandy E Pump ~ RB 320 Chlorine Sanitizer ~ UPP 15 gal Ozonator ~ 4 LED Savis lights ~ 3 ft sheer descent water feature ~ spa