Easy Touch ?'s

Jul 18, 2010
Let start by stating this.....I am a stubborn headed person who feels he can do anything with research, so that is why I want to tackle as much of my pool remodel as a DIY. I am not dumb enough to think I can do the replastering, so I will hire that part out.

Where I need some guidance is on the operation/automation. I am considering to add the Easy Touch with Intellichlor as part of the design. I have only a pool (no plans for a spa), but my plan is to run 2 pumps, an Intelliflo VF (skimmer/main drain) and a 1Hp Whisperflo (waterfall). The reasoning for 2 pumps is that I want to run a waterfall that can operate with either pump source. Primary source would be the whisperflo, but as a secondary option being able to use the Intelliflo. So now here are my questions:

As I look at the easy touch system I dont see that it can support the whisperflo and I am guessing that is due to the simple fact that it is a single speed on/off motor. Is there a contactor in the panel that would allow me to start/stop the pump? Being from the electrical world, I can rack my brain to try and figure a work around on this piece if there is a LV input/realy.

Being that I only have one body of water (pool) but will have the waterfall, should i get the pool only model or the pool/spa combo?

Will the easy touch support an accuator on the intelliflo side so I can switch to pool/waterfall/both?

Outside of the these operations, I only need to add the pool light and possibly some lights on the waterfall itself. So that begs the question on the 4 or 8 feature support?

All of my landscape light is controlled through a separate custom built control panel so that does not need to be integrated into the panel.

If I am getting over my head please just tell me. I dont want to overspend on designing a system that is way beyond my needs or just the opposite not do enough and kick myself later.

Hello and welcome to TFP!

In short, yes. An EasyTouch will be able to control your VF pump, and also control your single speed pump!

If you have no plans to add a spa, the pool only version will do fine for you.

4 or 8 feature support is up to you. If you are going to have more than 2 lights (and want to control each independently), then more features is better. If you are okay with having 2 light switches, then 4 features will be enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.