Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ACK! SWG plugged in ALL WINTER

1. Back To Top    #1

ACK! SWG plugged in ALL WINTER

Hey folks!

While taking the cover off our in-ground SW pool yesterday and getting it ready to open, I was horrified to discover that the salt cell was plugged in, and the trouble lights were flashing away as they obviously had been ALL WINTER. (We live in British Columbia, where winters are very...well...wintery!)

I've tried to talk with the company who closed our pool, but am getting the "sorry, we're too busy to address your concerns." My question is: Is there any chance the cell will still be viable? I don't want to start the pump if the SWG isn't working. It's a 3-year-old Cubby 5-blade unit and the pool is 19,000 US gallons.
    72,000 litre (19,000 US gallon)
    Vinyl liner
    Living and swimming in beautiful British Columbia.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: ACK! SWG plugged in ALL WINTER

It probably just sat there all winter saying "no flow" and not doing anything. My guess is that it'll be OK.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mount Airy, Maryland

Re: ACK! SWG plugged in ALL WINTER

Time to look for another closing company. I would never be too busy to address my customer's concerns. Now if you pestered me repeatedly for months over the same thing, then maybe ignoring you could come into play. Don't these people realize the only reason they are in business is because of you and I - UGH...
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit