Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another new toy...

1. Back To Top    #1

Another new toy...

On monday I found a barely used Yoder Wichita on craigslist in Phoenix, and the guy selling it was willing to drive it all the way down to Tucson for me! It's big, bad, and hopefully the last smoker I'll ever need to buy. I didn't get a steal on it, but I paid a lot less than it costs new and didn't have to pay freight from Kansas. My best guess is that it weighs around 700 lbs...it took about an hour to move it 200' from the garage to the backyard. Can't wait to fire it up over the weekend!

Now that I look at the picture, I need to get it on a level spot on the patio...you never realize how unlevel pavers are till you put something straight across them!

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another new toy...

Speaking from experience, those things are tanks. Hold their heat well. I didn't need something of that size, so I downsized to a Weber bullet, which also is a fantastic smoker. Sold the Yoder to a fellow smoker who proceeded to use his welding skills to fabricate a bit.

PS - if you feel the need to move it around, I suggest heading over to your local Harbor Freight and picking up some heavy duty pneumatic wheels or casters. Easily changed out. The iron wagon wheels scrape up concrete/patios something fierce.
    Kansas City, MO
    13500 gallon Foxx vinyl sport pool--inground (1988)
    Cristal-Flo sand filter
    Ray-Pak 406A digital
    1.5 HP single speed
    400 gallon Heldor inground spa, octagon

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm jealous!

Wish I'd known you and you had that when I was spending half my time in Yuma! I always had a day or two a month to kill waiting on planes in Phoenix, and I'm a smoker expert. I have special skills in disposing of the meat cooked on them.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, I was already thinking about the wheels; the hard metal made it really difficult to roll over gravel. If I ever have an occasion to move it very far, I'll probably change 'em out for some solid rubber tires. On the plus side, I don't think I need to worry about anyone stealing it

John, what's in Yuma for you? Proving grounds? If you're ever in the area again we can set something up...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like a Burger Beast!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

...it's no ugly drum...it's too pretty for that

How racks (spare ribs) of cooking surface, and when can I come over for some Q?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

The chamber is 20x42 and it does have an upper rack, so it'll fit a lot of ribs. More than you can eat I wanted to be able to fit a whole (small) hog, so next time we do this we won't char the bottom side of it like we did last time!

8. Back To Top    #8

Definitely a nice pickup Danny. I would love to have one of those.

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice! That thing is a beast and should last a loooong time. i just picked up a Bar B Chef on CL a few months ago.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun
    John, what's in Yuma for you? Proving grounds? If you're ever in the area again we can set something up...
    Yep. Spent a lot of time there back a few years ago.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat