Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Entry into Intex Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Entry into Intex Pool

Has anyone come up with a solution other than the intex ladder and building a deck around the pool for entry into an intex pool? I am struggling to find a suitable ladder and don't want to build a deck around the pool till I get a real AGP

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    32 1/2 X 19 free form gunite pool ~ oklahoma flagstone ~ 569 sq ft stamped concrete deck ~ Jandy E Pump ~ RB 320 Chlorine Sanitizer ~ UPP 15 gal Ozonator ~ 4 LED Savis lights ~ 3 ft sheer descent water feature ~ spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Entry into Intex Pool

Are you talking about the inflatable ring type? If so I have considered building one from pvc. Check out this one. pvc-ladder-advice-t41975.html?hilit=pvc%20ladder. Other than that there really is not a better way.
    12"x33" Summer Escapes AG Ring Quick set 1590 Gallons (Gift for my son by Grand-parents)
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 633 2500 GPH "B" Cartridge

3. Back To Top    #3

I am talking about an ultra frame. I am thinking about mimicing one of those resin decks you can buy from intheswim.com but was curious what others were doing. The ladders are about as insufficient as the pumps that come with the pool
    32 1/2 X 19 free form gunite pool ~ oklahoma flagstone ~ 569 sq ft stamped concrete deck ~ Jandy E Pump ~ RB 320 Chlorine Sanitizer ~ UPP 15 gal Ozonator ~ 4 LED Savis lights ~ 3 ft sheer descent water feature ~ spa

4. Back To Top    #4

I have been told that these will work http://www.aquasupercenter.com/produ...ign=amazon+ads.

I was planning to order them until I decided maybe something like this instead.. http://www.beatthebigboxboys.com/sto...095231287.html but not for sure it will work. I need to make my decision this week and get it ordered. Hopefully more will chime in here
    Pool: Intex Ultra Frame 16x48 AGP 5061 gal With Pink Foam Underlayment
    Equipment:Intex SWG, Intex Pool Light, Still Needing To order new Intex Sand Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I bought an A-frame ladder system for regular above ground pools from the local pool store, and it works ok. Its meant to bolt into the top rail of an above ground pool, but 2 ratchet straps hold it in place and it doesn't move at all. Its rated for 250 lbs, but I'm about 400 (don't laugh) and haven't broken it.
    34K gal IG, 37'x40' lagoon, vinyl, 1 HP - 2 speed Hayward Max-Flo II pump, 500# Hayward sand filter, Jandy SWG, Raypac heat pump, 4 deck jets, Hayward Super Pump + deck fountain, Dolphin DX3

6. Back To Top    #6

We have the 16 x 32 rectangle Ultra Frame. We don't have the money at the moment to build a great deck around the pool (some time down the road). But we did pick up some scrap lumber and built a small 4 x 6 deck on one side with step leading up to the top of the deck and then just 1/2 of the ladder that came with the pool mounted to the deck, as well as a temporary ramp for our dogs. The lumber we picked up at the HD in there clearance section so in total we spent about $40 in material and just my husbands time. It's not pretty, but it does the job of making it easier to get into the pool and makes it easier for our dogs as well.

7. Back To Top    #7

I think that is the direction I may go in. I might tidy it up with some railing and such but it's the same idea.

You have any pics to share?

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm at work at the moment, I'll try and remember to take some when I get home.

9. Back To Top    #9

I don't have small children or pets that swim so we just use a weighted resin step stool in the pool and one outside the pool. Last one in puts the inside step stool next to the outside step stool and that way we don't have a huge shaky ladder hogging up all of the floor space in the pool. Probably not a good idea if there is any chance whatsoever that a little person could end up in the pool.

They are like this but a little taller and didn't cost this much at Menards. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?tag=azt3ab-20
    Intex 15x48, Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Intex 14" Sand Filter, TF-100 unicorn eating spaghetti while riding a unicycle on a high wire during a storm edition test kit,

http://tftestkits.net

10. Back To Top    #10

hey limeysgrl did u get some pics....we are wanting to do the same thing and need a visual if u could

11. Back To Top    #11

Sorry been busy, here are some pics of our current set up until we can afford nice entry steps.

Ignore the wood, as I said all of it was clearance at HD and we didn't protect it with anything.

looking down from deck.

12. Back To Top    #12

We bought a plastic type ladder since our pool is salt water and it totally ate up the stock ladder. LOVE IT! it was easy enough to put together (ok you have to trim out all the "extra" plastic from the blow mold but other than that we had it together in about 20 minutes. It's wider and very sturdy. You fill it with water (we added bleach too just to be sure it didn't turn "ickie"). We cut a noodle and put it over the top rail of the pool in the oft chance the ladder were to rub - but since we dont' allow jummping into the pool the ladder doesnt really move at all.

On the side of the pool where the ladder is we have a small patio made of 16x16 pavers.

http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... ty-Ladder/
    Diane

15,000 salty gallons - 24' x 12' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame Pool
    Intex Sand Filter, Pump, SWG - TF-100 and speed stir

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Lattimer
    I bought an A-frame ladder system for regular above ground pools from the local pool store, and it works ok. Its meant to bolt into the top rail of an above ground pool, but 2 ratchet straps hold it in place and it doesn't move at all. Its rated for 250 lbs, but I'm about 400 (don't laugh) and haven't broken it.
    Lattimer - Do you have a picture of how you held the ladder in place with the ratchet straps? I bought a pool ladder from craigslist and same thing, it needs to be bolted to the pool. We are trying to figure out another way to get it to stay secure. Thanks. Rose
    18 x 52 Intex Ultra Frame
    1600 Sand Filter