Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Surface Opinions - Pebbletec vs. Aquapearl

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Surface Opinions - Pebbletec vs. Aquapearl

I have one PB that is proposing Aquapearl Mini Pebble and another that is proposing PebbleTec. It seems that the Aquapearl is significantly cheaper, but they both have a lifetime warranty. Does anyone have experience with both of these surfaces to provide a comparison or the pros/cons of each? It also seems that PebblTec is the established brand, but is it worth an extra $3K to upgrade?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Pool Surface Opinions - Pebbletec vs. Aquapearl

The thing about Pebbletec is that only plasterers that are certified by the manufacturer can buy it. Any chump with a trowel can buy the off brands. The products are probably identical in quality; you're just paying for some guarantee of good workmanship. That doesn't mean that the other company will do a bad job; they may be fantastic. If it were me, I'd ask each builder how much irregularity in the finish is acceptable to them and how problems are handled. That will probably tell you a lot.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Pool Surface Opinions - Pebbletec vs. Aquapearl

The general concensus is that because Pebble-Tec is strict not only about product quality but also about installation quality that it's worth the premium you pay for it.

MITS beat me to it !!!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit