Hard Plumbing

Apr 3, 2011
Utah
When hard Plumbing your AGP is it ok to bury the pipes or is it best not to leaving them on top of the ground
I have a path way around my pool making it nice when cleaning, covering, maintain etc... I just don't need to trip over some pipes.

I don't see why not. I'm sure it would look much better and if it would be in the way otherwise, that's a good idea. Since my equipment pad is off to the side I didn't really think much about it.

If the pipes are buried and you need to winterize the pool you will need to blow the water out of the pipes, as would be done for an above ground pool. With pipes above ground you don't usually need to blow them out because you can usually position a drain low enough to get all the water out. Other than that, burying them is just fine.

Also plan for potential frost heaving and how it could impact connections to skimmer or return port.
I'm doing the same project this summer and the plan is to use pvc unions in certain places so I can disassemble and store - pump has to come into garage anyways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.